Monday, May 11, 2009

Blue Monday with Chagall

One of my favorite painters is Marc Chagall. I love his use of vibrant color. The paintings shown below are some of my favorites of his done with blue. Enjoy!

chagall-blue_house Blue House

adam and eve expelled from paradiseAdam and Eve Expelled from Paradise

chagall-marc-enchantement-vesperal

Enchantment

chagall-marc-gli-amanti-azzurri-8800009

Gli Amanti Azzurri

chagall-wedding candles Wedding CandlesLa%20Mariee

La Mariee

stained glass Stained Galss

Marc Chagall (1887 – 1985) embraced the philosophy that love colored his paintings. Focusing extensively on his childhood, his happy, optimistic paintings defy the poverty of his upbringing in a Russian Shtetl. After a brief time in Paris, Chagall escaped to the US during World War II where his career reached new heights including a rare exhibit during his lifetime at the Louvre.

For more Blue Monday, visit Smiling Sally!

22 comments:

Valley Girl said...

Beautiful!

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Marc Chagall used such vibrant blues in his work! I love his paintings too!

Becky K. said...

Hmmm...I had heard the name but wouldn't have been able to identify his work until now.

Vibrant colors!

Have an awesome Monday!

Barb said...

Such vibrant colors!

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

SmilingSally said...

I love the brilliant, vivid colors--especially the blues! Happy Blue Monday.

Knitty said...

Great choices for a Blue Monday post!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Very nice! Enjoyed the history about the artist too. Thanks for sharing and Happy Blue Monday.

Blessings,
Sandi

jeanne said...

Oh, what beautiful blue art. I loved the wedding and the stained glass the best.

Hugs...Jeanne

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your selection is beautiful and vibrant.

Unknown said...

I have never heard of him. Love the paintings.

Happy blue Monday!!

Unknown said...

Great post! I've always enjoyed Chagall's boldness.

Joyce said...

Thanks for the Chgall blue tour:)
Joyce

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Lovely post. I have always loved Chagall's work and hope to see some of the stained glass up close and in person one day. Happy Blue Monday.

pam said...

I LOVE Chagall. This is fun to be reminded of this artist.

Terry said...

great post .
happy Blue Monday to you.
I love the vivid colors they shout with life .
Thank you for choosing these fabulous paintings today and for sharing them.
Have a fantastic week.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Fifi Flowers said...

Happy Blue Monday... these are FAB blue paintings!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

lovely! happy blue monday!

Linda said...

I loved his use of blue too. Have you seen the ceiling in the Garnier Opera House in Paris? So colorful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Very nice! Enjoyed the history about the artist too..Great work..keep going..


___________________
Andrew
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

Anonymous said...

Oh, what beautiful blue art.I just love your pictures..

--
Jack
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV