Before we begin our party, let's take a moment to look back at the history of tea time.
It is believed that tea time actually was created by the French who imported tea long before the British. Legend has it that Anna Marie Stanhope, the Duchess of Bradford and one of Queen Victoria's ladies in waiting, is the one who brought tea time to London due to her late afternoon "sinking feeling" and her need for a snack. She began to invite her lady friends to come around for a bit of "tea and walking in the fields."
In this country, we think all afternoon tea is high tea and begins at 4 o'clock. In actuality, high tea is dinner and is called high because it is served at a regular height table. Low tea is what we, in the US, think is high tea. Tea and snacks are served and not considered a dinner but a snack before dinner. Low tea is traditionally served on low tables much like our coffee tables.
Now that we know all that...let's have a cuppa and go walking in the fields!
Let's get all dressed up in our hats and gloves...
a simple tea dress...
or a runway fierce tea dress.
Step down the rose covered pathway to...
our lovely garden all set for tea!
We have some tea sandwiches...
and of course some scones...
and some FAB tea cookies!
Take your tea cup and stroll through the gardens...
and gardens of Lilies.
I hope you have enjoyed your tea and a lovely walk through the gardens.
Happy Fashionable Friday and Pink Saturday!
And most of all if you are a Mom,
Happy Mothers Day!
I hope you have enjoyed your tea and a lovely walk through the gardens.
Happy Fashionable Friday and Pink Saturday!
And most of all if you are a Mom,
Happy Mothers Day!
Kathellen Ellis at Kathleen Ellis Life Style Design is in the tea party business. If you would like her to throw a tea party for you, send her an e-mail for more information.






16 comments:
I want to wear the runway fierce tea dress!
I think you might be missing photos... or it's just moi... but I see a few x's where I think they should be photos???
FUN post even if you don't fix those x's.
I will be baking scones... but no tea this weekend... cafe creme is my flavor or champagne!
Sorry Fifi! This was a tea party for my Mom so no champagne or coffee!
Luv it...luv it...luv it. I plan to have tea with my mother too so my post today is about tea. But I so love the rose arbor pathway and the garden setting...lovely!
-marie
What a lovely and enchanting tea party-I enjoyed every minute of it. : )
I love those gardens.....I love me some tea parties too.
Thanks for sharing, and the visit too!
I'm stuffed from all of your yummy crumpets! The tea was delish:
How absolutely wonderful! Beverly sure knew what she was doing when she created a place for all of us "pinkies" to congregate and share our "pinkness".
Happy Mother's Day to you. I hope you find yourself surrounded by those you love, good food, and a gentle peace in your ♥. We don't need to be a mother to know a mother's life. After all we all started out with a mom, didn't we?☺
Love the lavender tea dress and I also like the 'fierce' tea dress!
Great cookies too!!
Have a great Pink Saturday!
Happy Pink Saturday and Have a great Mother's Day ~ Susan
Oh that tea party looks like fun! Beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!
Oh my goodness, I love tea time and thankyou so much for inviting me. What a garden of delights!! Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mothers Day too, Char
Hi Betsy!
Love the tea party and the walk around the gardens. So lovely and it made me wish my mom was here in San Antonio so I could take her to British Sensations to have our own tea party!
Very creative post indeed!
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
WOW!!! So many beautiful things. Happy Mother's Day.
dEbby
Its really amazing photos..great work..keep going..
Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider
I love the lavender tea dress and I also like the 'fierce' tea dress!I love those gardens....
WOW!!! So many beautiful things. Great to know about this..Hope all have enjoyed a lot..
--
Jack
Are you scared to be alone at home need security
Post a Comment