Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Mr. Bonomo Christmas!

I had Mr. Bonomo barely a month before Christmas came around. In that short time I had gotten a pretty good grip on who he was and who he was gonna be. Adjectives to describe him were naughty, funny, naughty and fun!
Knowing this, I knew I was not going to go out and buy him a tree to climb, one that would be irresistible once covered with the sparkly, shining lovelies that annually adorn my tree. With all this in my head and a certain amount of trepidation, I set out to get ready for the best day of the year.
First, the issue of the tree needed to be addressed. 2005 was the year Scrooge hit the big screen and at Ikea I found a fake tree that weighted about 5 pounds and had a long top branch that hung down the side, meant to sort of look like a holiday hat, with a big red ornament attached to it's end. Adorable and perfect! How much damage could one little pint size kitty do to that?! Home it came along with plastic Christmas goodies to hang on it. Plastic...imagine that on my tree but, this was uncharted territory with this naughty little love. Mostly the tree was decorated with gold and red velvet bows and it really looked pretty and festive when all was said and done.
Mr. Bonomo took one look at this little tree and a love affair was born. He climbed up the center plastic pole and would poke his little head out where ever he happened to be and I swear he was grinning...or maybe that was just me as I watched him. And Mr. Bonomo so loved his little tree that he began to drag it all over the house.
Several, several times it met me at the front door when I came home from work, wondering, only the first time, why the front door wouldn't open. Another night I lay in bed wondering where all the racket in the hall was coming from. As the noise got closer and closer to the bedroom, I finally turned on the light and there was Mr. Bonomo trying to drag the tree into our cozy bed. I got a lot of practice decorating our tree that year. I also got many laugh-out-loud moments, lots of heart warming moments watching him discover the wonders of Christmas and of course, lots of Mr. Bonomo.

And so my sweet friends, I wish you a very merry Mr Bonomo Christmas: one filled with a lot of laughter, a little bit of naughty and a whole lot of love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG it's been way too long since I've been over for a visit and so glad to be here! I am in love with Mr Bonomo, in fact he looks like one we just found, how old do you think he is? I just wanted to send love your way and holiday wishes. Took a look thru your blog and fell into your dollhouse and its magic too. Thanks for sharing these beautiful memories and amimal cuties! xoc

Petunia said...

Thank you for your kind words, Claudia! Mr. Bonomo was 4 months old in these pictures. Your kitten sure does look a lot like he did at about the same age. Gotta love a little kitty!