Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Flowergirls Christmas Story

Petunia's Christmas Story

It was a Christmas eve Petunia and Iris will never forget. Iris was visiting Petunia for the holidays. They had just finished a grand Christmas dinner with lots of cookies, Petunia's favorite. The grown-ups were in the kitchen cleaning up. Iris and Petunia were playing in the living room when all of a sudden they heard singing outside.

Petunia and Iris ran to the door, and there standing in the lightly falling snow were Christmas carolers singing Silent Night. It was so cold you could see the singers' breath rising in the air like puffs of smoke. The carolers called for Iris and Petunia to join them. It was late, but Petunia asked if they could go for a little while. Yes! So, Petunia and Iris grabbed their coats and hats and gloves and went out to sing with the carolers. It was great fun!

As Petunia and Iris headed home, the snow stopped, the stars started twinkling and the moon was so bright, they could see through the darkness.
Just as they arrived at Petunia's door,
Iris stopped.

"Listen Petunia, did you hear that? It sounds like bells!"
"I hear it, too!" Petunia said hurrying toward Iris.
"Look up there," Iris pointed.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Petunia asked.
"Yes! It's Santa! It has to be!" Iris gasped excitedly.
"Listen, I think I can hear him calling out 'Ho, Ho, Ho.'"
"Yes!" Petunia said, "I hear it too! It looks like he's over Lily's house.
We better get inside and put out the milk and cookies!
We need to get to bed ourselves."

If you want to make up your own Chritmas story go here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful story!!!