Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All of Florence is a canvases..

My plan today was to head out to find those shops that are up on stilts attached to a bridge somewhere here. I was hoping to maybe find a new crown or some little gem I simply could not live without. As over the moon as I can get about the thought of a new crown, I was having a few second thoughts about the whole shopping in the air over the water idea as, if you recall, I had a near fatal drowning incident in Venice!

So, I was happy to hope that maybe something more fabulous might catch my eye and give me a new idea. And then it happened!

street art

I stepped on this man’s face and look at his reaction! Of course, I immediately apologized.

street art 5

Florence, the cradle of the Renaissance, is one big piece of art work, from the statues and cathedrals right down to its sidewalks...

Street-Art-in-Florence-by-Jennifer-A-Wheatley-Wolf-qpps_666731923344697_MD_jpg,285

People are creating their beauty and art on every corner…

street-painters

and right out into the street…scsun15

With their chalk, they have painted a beautiful carpet of colors…

blog090514b_090513_13b15b_StreetPainting some have copied the Masters.

I started to walk faster and faster, so excited to tell Fifi all about a whole new canvas for her to cover. I turned a corner and…

Eiffel in Firenze

I saw her…There was Fifi, surrounded by a huge group of her Italians fans, all excitedly speaking at once in…French...while she created the loveliness and beauty that fills her heart…Paris...right there on the street in Florence! She looked quite fabulous as she painted in her ball gown and took an occassional sip of French champagne. Oh, and there is a…sketch book? Oh Fifi…!

Do we need to flee to Lucca already?

9 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooooooh painting on the streets of Florence was such FUN!!! Although my ball gown did get a bit chalky and dirt... but ooh la la what a delight... I'm soooo glad you found moi and joined me for a little bubbly... I had no idea you carried around such a beautiful champagne glass... you are always ready!!!
I'm soooo afraid the authorities will take MY sketch book... I am keeping it close to moi! I think other people are now trying to get it from me too... soooooo we must go to Lucca... Vale says it is safe for us!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Oh you two! It looks as if you are having way too much fun over there! Fifi...you are just sooo incredibly talented...not every artist can bring her vision to life on the street...you ARE amazing! Petunia, I am not at all surprised you carry your own beautiful champagne flute with you at all times...after all...one never knows when one may become a bit parched...and heaven forbid one would be required to drink from a common vessel...it's just NOT the same!
Have fun in Lucca...where is that again?!
mwah! ;-D

nomo wino daph said...

Love seeing you too team up....too fun!!!
I wish I had y'alls talent-
have a great day!

Fifi Flowers said...

Petunia... I don't think anyone has paid attention to the PRIZE giveaway... there is going to be one SURPRISED and LUCKY winner!!! How should we choose the winner RANDOM? or should it be the person who has left the most comments on BOTH of our blogs???

Beverly said...

Wow, what an amazing sight!

And, we knew our Fifi would join right in. She is loved worldwide.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Love love love street drawings. Oh and Fifi doing her thing too. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

That's really great photos.

keep going..

Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh painting on the streets of Florence was such FUN!!!Really great work..

___________________
Andrew
Getting a Payday advance is just a few steps away

Anonymous said...

Glad to see this photos...nice photography..really amazing..


___________________
Andrew
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing