Click play to get the whole experience. You will like it. So, do it!
I awoke today feeling wonderful and full of adventure so I after a coffee or 7 I ran to the front door to see if I might flag down a gondola. I have no idea if that’s how one does it here…treating them as if they are taxis… but I thought it was worth a try. To my luck or bad luck it turns out, there was one waiting right at the dock. I woke the man up and asked to be floated to the nearest cafe for a bite of breakfast. Of course I could have eaten at the palace but I wanted to mingle with all the lovely people of Venice and I know they wanted to see me! There was a most unfortunate accident, a bit of falling into the water, a bit of fabulous resuscitation and then a water ambulance…
Who knew ambulances floated?
This is the gorgeous hero who saved me, Alphonso D’Poalo..although I certainly wasn’t even close to death when I peeked out an eye and saw him, I might have swooned a bit! Once I was revived and redressed, I asked him to float me to someplace wonderful….
A man who knows my heart…he took me shopping! I might have fallen just a bit in love with him. But, as savior as he was, I had to move on with the research I promised…
Before my morning went array, I thought I might feature what all the lovely men wear when they are gondoliering those boats. Turns out, they all wear almost the same thing and that THEY are the fashion. Oh my, they are all QUITE fashionable!
I decided to ask each one to take me to a different place on the Grand Canal….
The lovely man above took me here…
The colors and bridges of Venice are a feast for the eyes.
And this yummy man took me down…
several side canals that are linked to the Grand Canal.
You can see for yourself this gondolier made me think of all that is great and powerful in the universe…
He tool me to see Santa Maria della Salute Church.
Next up is the amazing Romanesque Fabio! He spent hours floating me around everywhere speaking only in Italian so I have no idea what he was actually saying but in my mind, we were one!
It is so mind settling to just be at one with the scenery…
For years the men of Venice have been navigating the waters of Venice and they have done it in impeccable style.
But…no time for too much relaxation! I jumped out of the boat just in time to see Fifi and Karl’s fashion show! Karl always looks so…Karl.
His fashions are FAB! and so is his little stuffed dog!
It was a day of wonderful sights and fashions but it has all come to an end. As we were passing under one last bridge, many showed up to great me as we docked at the station! It was thrilling to see all my fans. But, a call from Fifi and…
I rushed back to the palace to pack because she and I are on the run again! That hot FBI man spotted us and is more determined than ever to catch us!
We jumped in the first gondola that floated by our front door…and it was PINK!
We floated by some lovely pink places that thankfully calmed Fifi…
and we raced to our…
…getaway! Wait…this can’t be right! This was not the plan!
This is more like it!
Our next destination? Florence…don’t tell anyone! Just show up to see more of our FUN!
For more Fashionable Friday, see Fifi!
For more PINK Saturday fun, see Beverly at How Sweet the Sound !


19 comments:
OMGosh...I want to go to Venice! I could have some fun with my camera! Those pics are great....such beautiful scenery!
Great job- have a great weekend-d
OMGosh...I want to go to Venice! I could have some fun with my camera! Those pics are great....such beautiful scenery!
Great job- have a great weekend-d
I didn't tell anyone we were off to Florence... hopefully you have loyal reads and they won't tell our next stop to the authorities. Ooooh these days in Venice have been FAB with MY sketch in hand... I think I will have some lovely paintings to show next week.
Oooooh your gondola tour was divine... I'm sorry I did not get to take as many cruises as you... le sigh... too busy talking the Italians into speaking French for Monsieur Lagerfeld!
So glad you survived the dunking Lady Petunia....Ah Venezia, one of my great loves. FAB post, xv.
I have had so much fun seeing the beautiful pictures of Italy this week! Can't wait to see more :)
Italy, what a dream! I love the photos. Have a great trip. :)
Beautiful and fun Pink Saturday blog entry! It's a little gloomy outside today (hope the sun comes out) but your blog and a little cup of tea are giving me a little sun!
Happy Pink Saturday. Sending you good wishes from the tip of Michigan for a special weekend filled with sun, surrounded by those you l♥ve.
Im a so jealous ... :) that blood is squirting from my eye balls!!
Great shots and killer pink mopeds!!
Killer!!
TTFN~~Claudia
Fabulous post! I love your adventures in Venice! You and Fifi are always up to something! Happy Pink Saturday!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Fabulous post!
~ Gabriela ~
Eeekkkkk
Venice be still my heart:)
Amazing photos!!
Love the pink inspiration
...ahhhh
I am dreaming:)
Smiles,
kayellen
You girls are always off on the most spectacular adventures. This one looks like it was quite exciting.
Happy Pink Saturday, Betsy.
Great post...loved it!
Have a great Pink Saturday!
Happy Pink Satur-unday. I love your photos, how perfect for PS. Fifi, you are so entertaining in your posts - you inspire delight and comments. Well Done!
Got a minute? Pour a cuppa, pull up a comfy chair and please stop by - I love company.
xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
DeStash.me
MaidenShade.com
Happy Pink Saturday. I am late for my pinky round. :-) now I want to go to Venice too! heheehe
Hope you have a great week!
Great shots. I think fifi should do the pink building with the pink gondola in the water. Wonderful shot.
Those pics are great....such beautiful scenery!
___________________
Andrew
Getting a Payday advance is just a few steps away
Glad to see this photos...nice photography..really amazing..
___________________
Andrew
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing
Post a Comment