When I heard that the FBI was still after Fifi and I, I knew I had go travel incognito! Fortunately, I had packed the perfect outfit for that kind of escape. Don’t you just love the bulls eye on my face? I do love a bit of drama!
Who knew the FBI agent after us would be so…hot! I do hope he catches me before he catches up with Fifi. I will tell him I only speak the international language of love and cannot understand one single thing he is asking. That should work. Don’t you think so, too?
Dear friends of mine have opened up their little place to Fifi and I. Yes, it is quite lovely but even better than that? Imagine how well behaved ones house guests will be when they know if they get thrown out the front door they might drown! Oh, I do love Venice!
Today I am headed to see my friend, Arrigo.
On my way to see him I passed lovely tables set for…
a bite of anything tasty Venice might offer.
It seems that my destination is further than I thought so I found one beautiful Italian, Marzio, to help me out! He floated right…
to the front door of Harry’s Bar!
What a lovely reception I had! Everyone wanted to see me but most of all, my sweet friend Arrigo Cipriana, the owner of the bar! He was waiting for me with one of his famous drinks already made! You see, the Bellini was created at his bar…no wonder I adore him so much!
I thought to take a few pictures of the table settings but unfortunately, the only table dressings here are the beloved Bellini! I think they make up a perfect tablescape. Don’t you? After a lovely afternoon of fun and gossip with Arrigo, I set off in search of the perfect outfit to wear to Fifi’s fabulous gala ball!
I left the bar knowing exactly where I was going but then I realized Venice had trapped me in it’s maze and I was mercifully lost!
One of the lovely things about being lost is that one has the opportunity to see what one might otherwise miss because one does not even know to look for it.
It was a lovely lost, I must say!
I finally had to admit that I had made an unfixable detour and ask for help. A very nice man offered his services so I hopped in one of these boats and he rowed me back to civilization.
I was running out of time to find my perfect mask! Thankfully I came across a store that could help me and I walked out… with the most fabulous disguise one could ever find! I choice a pink motif in honor of our hostess.
I was all dressed and perfectly coiffed just in time for my escort to float up to our front door and join me at the party. Yes, my sweet gondolier from this morning was most thrilled to be on my arm for the ball. He looks so…words fail me…doesn't he? Oh, Italia is just so Italian!
Fifi’s ball was perfect and special just like she is! We danced and had much merriment well into the early hours of the night. Just as I was thinking the night couldn't be more special, Marzio suggested a midnight float around Venice…and then it was…more perfect.
Oh, my …*blush*
Just as the sun was coming up I finally found my way to my bed…did I mention once at all how fabulous all that is Venice is?
And if you were wondering? All the masks at the ball kept that hot little FBI man from discovering us but trust me, I had my eye on him all night. I think the FBI might be a FAB club to join!
I have done some research while here. Tomorrow I will introduce you to all that is Fashionably Friday and FABULOUS about gondolas. It was exhausting work but I did it all for you! You will thank me.
To see more Venice fun with Fifi and Petunia go see Fifi!
For more lovely tablescapes please visit Between Naps On The Porch!
(All images from Google images and Petunia does not know Arrigo Cipriana but if she ever gets to Venice, trust me, she will!)


11 comments:
I love your disguise, I wish I would have known earlier that the FBI.is after you and Fifi....I used to be in the academy and made many friends despite not making it "in". If you need my help just let me know!
Ooooh giggle giggle... what FUN... it's kind of intriguing being followed... I feel important and mysterious... I hope we can last one more day in Venice... Karl is flying in for Fashionable Friday... and I have a few Italians speaking a few French words... ooooh sooo exciting!
BTW... Good to know Violet has connections!
I love the story.Very funny.
Love the country your in and some day I hope I will be visiting.
Very funny, love it
Oh to be mercifully lost in Venice. I would insist to do so with the masked man in red velvet however. How about that gondolier with the boom box!
Lovely journey, many thanks!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for these mini-trips to Italy. Some day I'll make it there for real....
A bellini at Harry's Bar in Venice? Count me IN!
Enjoyed reading your post! Love all the great photos!! Thanks for sharing! Huggy Hugs!
Intrigue in a beautiful City What more could one want? Lots of fun going on here.
That's really great photos.
keep going..
Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider
I love the story.Very funny.Thanks for the information..
___________________
Andrew
Cash in your hand in 24Hours with payday loan
Post a Comment