My new friends at Giraffe Manor are beauties....
...if not a bit nosey.
See? No mosquito nets!I have no desire to go to Africa, the rain forests in South America or even Australia for that matter. I'm sure they are very lovely places to visit but during this life time I will pass on gracing those places with my presence. Why? Two words: bugs and snakes. Yep, that's enough to keep me away from many continents. I read about these far away places and somewhere in all of that travel literature is says "most snakes anywhere in the ENTIRE world", "must sleep under mosquito netting because the bugs are big enough to CARRY you off in your sleep", "pack your heavy duty hiking boots so (cobras, anacondas, snakes I have never heard of before) can't bite your ankles as you travel deep into..." You get the picture. Frankly, short of my own bedroom, where it is nothing more than a fabulous accent, I wouldn't sleep -anywhere- where I would need mosquito netting for protection and back in the day, hiking boots were, again, a fabulous fashion accessory but not meant for protection. That being said, I have decided to take a trip to Africa and the best part is? There will be no airport security, no jet lag , no bag of four peanuts and most importantly, no snakes or bugs! What will be there? Animals, and the bigger the better! I love animals and think they should all love to be touched and pet. I found a link to this wild place at Petunia Face's blog and I think it's perfect for my little birthday get away. So, I will gone be for a bit but I will return with many wonderful memories of a nightmare-free African safari! Just click on the title of this post and you can go, too. It's just amazing...


No comments:
Post a Comment