Maxwell played by Mr. Magoo
"Where did these thoughts come from?" you might ask? "Oh," I will say, "They are self inflicted by an after dark obsession of mine."
It started out very innocently. I couldn't sleep. A friend (Hi, Montana Cupcake!) recommended some late night entertainment to keep me company and so it began. In the beginning, I partook only occasionally on Friday and Saturday nights because I didn't need to be up early the next morning. It was fun! It was mind expanding! I was engaging in all kinds of things I was interested in. I fell in love.
That was almost 10 years ago and while I am still in love, this relationship has planted all kinds of "special" thoughts in my head. Will I ever see the shadow people and if I do will I be psychologically marked for life? Where is Bigfoot? If I go hiking, will I run into him and be psychologically damaged for life? Honestly, I am way more afraid of snakes and bugs than Bigfoot so I don't go hiking. I can stop thinking about that one. What about crop circles? Human or alien creations? Will the whole world end in 2012 and will I be psychologically damaged for life by that? Or will the Age of Aquarius begin in 2012 and set us all free but I will be psychologically damaged from 3 years of worrying that we are going to be sucked into some gravity thing that will make the poles shift and we will all be doomed thus missing out on that age of higher consciousness? Or, will the sun spots decide to do their thing again and destroy satellites and micro waves and I will no longer be able to repeatedly reheat the same cup of coffee into oblivion because we have been put on the fast train back to the dark ages? Where is the Numbers Lady? When she talks I know I'm cool. All my numbers add up to a good number, although right now I can't remember which number it is. This is why I need to hear her again. Wasn't she the one who said the New World Order wasn't going to happen because they have a bad number or something? Now, I am confused because isn't it this whole New World Order that has destroyed our economy because they want to rule us? Oh, and how could I forget that Yellowstone Park is going to explode and off about a gazillion people. Tonight I can hear all about what the next 1500 (!) years hold in store for me. OMG, I barely want to know what's going to happen tomorrow. Now you see what I am talking about. *insert the sound of very loud crickets*
There is so much more but I think that's gives you a sneak peak into that particular file. It's not good. And it's all because of George. He tells me when to go to bed. His voice sooths me to sleep and is there in the dark when I wake up to kick off the covers and all the while he is feeding my "special needs thoughts" file. It is all so wrong but I can't help myself. And it's because "I'm listening to Coast to Coast...."
Coast to Coast AM is my night time radio addiction. (You can find it on a radio near you, too!) It has overloaded my mind with strange facts and trivia. It has kept my Maxwell very busy in the hallway between files of thoughts. And so far, my brain has not over heated. This is all to his credit.
This will explain it so much better than I can.
(Blogger has given me a "video failed" box so, please click on the above link and meet UFO Phil and the Coast to Coast song that says it all.)




3 comments:
I love your description, 'Maxwell's Demon' I often feel like that - too many thoughts and too little time to rationalize them! xv
Oh, boy....it’s nighttime and the daytime duties that appear to be so pressing can fall by the wayside. I now have the luxury of attending to my private agenda. I settle in to listen to my little trusty Grundig shortwave, which is automatically tuned to 640 on the dial...10 p.m., California time. All is well, and Coast to Coast begins.
I bless my down-filled comforter and pillows. It is a special place and time... my own agenda, my bed, my dark comfortable space, with my little black radio lying beside me on the feather-bed. With a sigh of relief, I wrap myself in my little cocoon.
The sheets are soft and white and I am in one of my usual long vintage silky nightgowns....”dead people’s jammies”. The frame of the bed is also vintage...an old flower carved poster bed, with an heirloom ivory hand-tied fishnet canopy.
The radio plays softly and I settle in for the possibility of a good show. I have listened for years....and I still like to say “I listen to Art Bell”...rather than Coast to Coast. I am a creature of habit and I like the comfort of the past. Some years ago, when Art came on, the announcer’s deep voice would state ....”From the Land of Nye”, and I would wonder where that mystical wonderful Land was. Then, I found out that Art Bell’s broadcast was from a place in Nye County, Nevada. Pahrump, Nevada to be precise. And then I started to imagine what that Nevada desert place looked like. I imagined a lonely place, with the hot breath of God breathing down, and “Area 51" in the near distance...situated off State Highway 375 (renamed ”The Extraterrestrial Alien Highway”).
Back to my trusty radio: There is an initial announcement of the subject of tonight’s show...Oh, Boy....it sounds like it’s going to be a good one tonight. Just up my alley, I think. After a couple of commercials, the show starts. I figure that tonight’s subject is so good that it will keep me rapt for hours. I listen intently for about 10 minutes and then in the blink of an eye, I fall deeply asleep. Night after night, I can’t believe it. Asleep in the blink of an eye. Astounding. And, not only that, the funny thing is that 4 hours later, I wake up to tippy-toe to the bathroom, and the darn program has started over. I think to myself “Oh, Boy, I can now hear what I’ve missed”, and the experience is repeated. Sound asleep again in a flash.
So, my advice is...if you ever have a hard time sleeping, just tune in to “Art Bell”, like I do, and your insomnia problem may soon be over. Plus, like me, you might fall in love with the anticipated experience of wrapping up in the black of the night, on the edge of an extrasensory experience, with all of the possibilities of the guarded gate of Maxwell’s Demon.
love, lots of it....from Montana Cupcake.
P.S.: Glynis, The Numbers Lady, will be on Coast to Coast Thursday, January 15.
Oh, yay! Only two nights to wait. Her predictions had better be happy ones! You so good. You remember all their names.
Post a Comment