Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beauty Tips

Can you imagine a world where Audrey Hepburn is not the definition of all that is lovely...
inside and out?


Time Tested Beauty Tips
A poem by by Sam Levenson
(A favourite peom of Audrey Hepburn.)

For attractive lips,speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone...

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed and redeemed ...

Never throw out anybody.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand,

you'll find one at the end of your arm.

As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands.

One for helping yourself, the other for helping others".



She said about herself in a 1959 interview, "you can even say that I hated myself at certain periods. I was too fat, or maybe too tall, or maybe just plain too ugly... you can say my definiteness stems from underlying feelings of insecurity and inferiority. I couldn't conquer these feelings by acting indecisive. I found the only way to get the better of them was by adopting a forceful, concentrated drive."



8 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE her! I used to have a big collection of her movies on VHS... I have recently been buying them again on DVDs.

cotedetexas said...

what an icon!
thanks so much for your comment today!
Joni

Violet said...

couldn't say it better myself. I should frame that poem in my house.

please sir said...

I can't even imagine such a world - she is such an icon!

Anonymous said...

She's exquisite!

vicki archer said...

If only we could all think like that. I watched her in the movie, 'How to Steal a Million' with Peter O'Toole on the weekend - OMG she was a true beauty, xv.

Sangeet Gaur said...

I know her as "Eliza doolittle" a powerful actress of "my fair lady 1964" ...I don't think.. none wud ever be able to match her performance again....

Cialis said...

She was such an inspirational, lovely woman.