Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Domino, Simon and Schuster and me!


All our efforts in getting the attention of someone connected to Domino magazine has worked! I am humbled and amazed by this comment left on my blog by Nina Schwartz of Simon and Schuster. My friends, we will be having a Domino: The Book of Decorating give away right here on my little blog! Stay tuned for all the details.


Nina, thank you so much for this honor, and it is truly an honor for me to host a give away on your behalf. Thank you also for noticing us and responding.

Dear Petunia,

Here at Simon & Schuster, we're all mourning the loss of Domino magazine, and it’s clear you feel the same pain. Not long ago (October '08), we published Domino: The Book of Decorating, by the editors of the magazine, and we're happy at least that their innovative and gorgeous ideas can live on in this book. We'd love to offer you two copies to give away on your blog to your readers who are no doubt as heavy-hearted as we.

Please let me know if you'd like to participate, and I’ll send you the books! (And I apologize for offering this in a comment -- I couldn't find your contact info on the site!)

Nina Schwartz

Associate Marketing Manager Simon & Schuster



12 comments:

Daisy Beads said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daisy Beads said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Count me in on the giveaway!!
:)
xoxoc

Daisy Beads said...

hello. I hope we can figure this out...

Carla said...

Hi, thanks for your sweet note of my blog. So glad to hear you are having a domino magazine giveaway. Carla x

Fifi Flowers said...

This is FAB!

Renae Moore said...

Petunia,
How wonderful for Nina to contact you...too bad S&S cannot be swayed by all of us in the design field.

Where in S. Cal are you? I lived in Palos Verdes during HS,

Now....as I recall, YOU said I could wear your crown and you have taken it away and are polishing it. It looked so good on my golden locks!

Blessings!

Renae Moore said...

Petunia,
How wonderful for Nina to contact you...too bad S&S cannot be swayed by all of us in the design field.

Where in S. Cal are you? I lived in Palos Verdes during HS,

Now....as I recall, YOU said I could wear your crown and you have taken it away and are polishing it. It looked so good on my golden locks!

Blessings!

Petunia said...

Hi Renae!
It's not S&S we need to change their minds. It's Conde Nast. Thank goodness Conde Nast thought to have S&S acknowledge what we are doing! All is good. Now we need to find out if they will keep the website up.

Barbara Jean said...

Petunia,

Thanks so much for your excitement about my first tablescape.

Great job getting those magazines for your giveaway too.
So sad about so many magazines having to close their doors.

Blessings,

Barbara Jean

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was no longer...and I didn't know about that book, boy I would love to win it!

thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment...nice to meet you!

Sarah
ABeachCottage

Anonymous said...

Nice flowers....nice cats..

I like this blog..

Thanks for sharing...
___________________
Andrew
The Best PRICE for the BEST ENTERTAINMENT