Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fashionable Candy Friday!

Back in the day there was penny candy...oh, fabulous, lovely, bags of penny candy! Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm old but I would not want to know what life was like when 25 cents couldn't fill up a little bag with joy!

So, what was Fashionable back then?
Let's put on our stylie Keds....

and jump on our fab Schwinn banana seat bike....

and fly to the candy store!
Our pockets are full of pennies....
and there is so much to look at...

and so much to choose from!
The lady behind the counter grabs a small brown paper bag and

we begin to fill up that little bag!
Candy necklaces are fashionable....

so are candy rings and

the candy wrapper bracelets that were almost as

much fun to make as the candy was to eat!

It is a heavenly sight...

it's so hard to decide!

But I know my favorites...


Atomic Hotballs and...Bonomo Taffy!

The experience is exhausting.
Did I choose correctly?
Will I be disappointed later when I get home and I am wishing for something else?
Maybe, but a few more pennies will fill my bag again!

Who ever thought penny candy would be a quarter and
that pennies would not be fashionable?
I sure didn't but the memories remain and they are fashionably fabulous!
For more Fashionable Friday Fun visit Fifi!

9 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

Thank gawd there were no caramel apples on here... and they are far more than a penny!
NOthing at our local candy store is less than a DOLLAR.... sad but true!
LOVE the Keds!
FUN FUN FUN post!
BUt NOW I"m wanting some candy... ugh!

Miss Em said...

I had some white Keds that I tastefully decorated with glitter glue daisies and love hearts. Ahh those were the days...

Marie said...

Luv Keds! The colors are such eye candy!
-marie

Anonymous said...

"Back in the day" (my day). Penny candy could really fill a bag up. Good & Plenty, Red Hots, JuJu Fruits. Why I'm so old I can't even remember all the names of the candies! Ha

Nice post, it takes me back to the "good ole' days".

Kris

modernemama said...

What's Turkish Taffy? Sounds fascinating...love the bike

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home said...

Wow, your post really conjured up a lot of old memories. What fun! ~Arleen

Kelli said...

I love this Fashionable Friday. All the photos remind me of the good 'ole days!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information..Nice to visit this blog..

___________________
Andrew
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions