Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fifi's Blogging Birthday and Pink Saturday!!

Oh, bon jour! Petunia here, again!

Oh my, this is a huge event! Fifi has been blogging her lovely, creative heart out for an entire year! Imagine that...all that work, all that painting...to bring the loveliness and beauty that is Fifi to all of us! She is my BFF and has been for many past lives according to a psychic I recently saw. In a past life Fifi and I were even sisters! Is that not FAB? But of course it makes perfect sense.
When awaking this morning and realizing I was alone again, but happily so, I decided to take a little trip across France to my favorite museum, the Musée Matisse in Le Cateau-Cambresis. I knew doing this would make me feel close to Fifi who is in another part of France at the moment. When I see Henri Matisse, I always feel the spirit of Fifi swirling around near me.

In this lifetime, among many other things, Fifi has brought to life the beauty and style that Henri Matisse blessed this lovely world with BUT, she has made that style her own. Shall we take a look to compare and contrast? First a look at Henri....

Matisse's Tablecloth

Pink Statuette and Jug on a Red Chest of Drawers
Matisse's pink table clothThe Dreamer... The ballerina in pink tights!
Hello!
Oh yes, hello!
And now on to Fifi's fabulous works that you can find and buy here and HERE!

Henri loves this painting! A nude girl, a pink fan? How could he not?



And Henri does love an tablescape! Fifi has again made him proud.

Oh yes...the channeling of the ballerina in pink!

And another table done while dreaming of Henri...what a lucky man...
even if he is dead!

Henri has a rose named after him BUT we have le Fifi Flowers who is a lovely rose and is thankfully, more alive than Henri so...she wins!

Mmmm...Fifi has found a pink cupcake to enjoy at her party!

Thank you for joining me on wishing Fifi a very Happy Blogging Birthday!

For more Fifi Blogging Birthday madness go here!

And for more PINK Saturday please visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!

Have a FAB weekend!

18 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

FUN and PINK!!! Thank you for such a lovely post!!! You are soooo good to moi!
I'm soooo excited that I will be seeing you again... I'm heading to Versailles in a carriage no less... see you there... I do hope!
Fifi

Petunia said...

Dearest Fifi:
A carriage? Oh, how exciting! I do love a horse drawn anything! Oh yes, you will see me soon!

Sincerely,
Petunia who loves a lovely reunion of BFF's!

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooooooooooh I see you and the toast it is FAB!!! You bring tears to my eyes!
Fifi

Kathleen Ellis said...

Petunia, dear, you have done such a lovely tribute to our dear Fifi...and to showcase her work here with Henri's ...brilliante! It is even more evident how talented our Fifi really is!
I shall see you at the celebration...I'll be wearing the jewels you so graciously offered!
ttfn!
;-D

Miss Kris said...

Hi Petunia!

Merci beaucoup for all you wonderful help getting ready and looking FABULOUS in your beautiful frocks and your TOAST...simple DIVINE!!! This bash at Versailles was the BEST time ever. Fifi is so amazing, 1 Year Birthday, I can't wait to see what she does NEXT year.

~Miss Kris~

Tara said...

Very entertaining pictures, thank you for finding them and spreading the wealth to all of us that love PINK!!!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, A lovely post indeed. Have a wonderfull Pink Saturday. Au revoir

♥Mimi♥ said...

What lovely pink-a-licious goodies this week. I could get lost in pink and never return☺ Beverly didn't know it but she made my day when she came up with this day to celebrate my favorite color!

Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday and a wonderful weekend full of sunshine and l♥ve!

Abby Lanes said...

All of these paintings are so filled with life and PINK! Loved your entry!
Happy Pink Saturday!
~Abby

Anne Fannie said...

I love all your beautiful pink artwork! They are very beautiful, but of course, the rose caught my attention the most...it is a stunning bloom!
Happy Pink Saturday...
~Ann

fairiemoon said...

What fun! I spy Hello Kitty!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/fairiemoon/

Betty said...

So much fun seeing these beautiful pink paintings.

Barb said...

They are wonderful!!

Happy Pink Saturday.

Barb

Michelle said...

Loved every bit of your post! Very clever how you put it together.

Have a great Pink Weekend!

Char said...

Lovely paintings and pictures, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Claudia said...

I love seeing the Matisse paintings and then Fifi's! Such fun and such talent! Happy Pink Saturday!

Deanna said...

Ooh La la, I love the dancing ballerina!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D

Anonymous said...

Great to see all these photos..really amazing..


Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment