Sunday, April 12, 2009

Looking for a book in Paris...

Bon jour! Petunia here!

I'm sure one thing many of you don't know about me is that I am an avid reader! There is nothing more lovely than curling up with a juicy romance under a fabulous cozy throw. This morning I was needing to do exactly that when I realized I was all out of reading material. After perusing Perez online for the latest headlines, I thought to head out in search of a new book or three to read. My goodness, what a day it turned into!
I headed first to my neighborhood book seller and after looking at stack after stack of books by authors I have never heard of decided to move on...

This lovely store smelled musty and just a bit stuffy. After a quick glance around, I realized this store sold the same books as the last store. I hurriedly took my leave back out onto the street before all that dust settled on me!
Ahhh...Shakespeare...what a lovely name and I have heard his stories are very good, indeed. I have only experienced his work on stage and quite honestly, only really liked the one with the murder in it! I do think something is lost in the reading of his works...
Knowing all that I know about Mr. Shakespeare, I was sure I could find a juicy story in here!
My goodness! How wrong can a girl be! There were stacks and shelves of books one has to wonder why one would read! I was so exhausted by this point that when I saw the bed in the store, I pounced on it and took a lovely little snooze.
Upon awakening I returned to my search and just down the sidewalk I found this! I do love a newsstand. One can read all the headlines in one quick glance and know all the news a girl should know. It is important to know a bit about everything at a social gathering just in case one might be asked about something of the world.These lovely little stands also sell my favorite books and most importantly, all the circulars that keep a girl up to date with what really matters in the world...people and what they may or may not have been doing with who ever they should or should not have been doing it with!

It turned out to be a most successful book hunt! And did you know that Leo and that model friend of his did.....!! Oh my...they sure did!

4 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

Aaaah... now I know why I have not been able to locate you down here in sud de la France... you are still in Paris... sigh... that Raoul has really gotten you! Welllll... I wil be back in Paris on Wednesday... let's try to meet for lunch... we APPARENTLY have lots to catch up on!
Miss you!
Fifi

Kathleen Ellis said...

My, Petunia...I had no idea what lengths you take to keep yourself up on current events...and you are always so "in the know"...you amaze me!
Tah, tah!

Miss Kris said...

Hi Petunia!

I here in Versailles waiting for Fifi to arrive and I do have a quick question for you. Although it is "TOP SECRET" and only you can help. Please email me so I can fill you in.

MERCI!!!Miss Kris

Anonymous said...

Great to see all these photos..really amazing..


Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment