Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fashionable Friday!

Dearest Readers:

Welcome to another Fashionable Friday! My BFF Fifi Flowers is the lovely hostess of this grand event! Please visit her to see what else is going on today...however I assure you, this is the only place to be...other than her place...and maybe a few other places...really! Anywoo...


I have once again taken to the blogging world as I had such positive feedback after my first appearance here and so many have contacted me asking when I will be back. I thought to do this on an annual basis but it seemed so selfish to keep myself away so I have returned. Thank you all for all your kind, thoughtful and true comments and compliments!

I bring to you today a little story about my friend, Violet. She received an invitation to one of my many garden parties. As she had never made the guest list before, she hastily called me to inquire as to the dress code of my event. I thought it an odd call as one should simply know what to wear to a garden party but I humored her and explained that one wears something that looks lovely in the garden! Oh my! My mistake. This is what she came up! I have also included a few of her other good ideas....

(These amazing works of art were created and captured by Nicole Dextras
Her photography is fabulous!
I am borrowing them for the sake of my story.)
Here is Violet dressed in her best garden party attire.
Imagine my horror, and amusement when
she arrived at my party in this!
She does actually look quite fabulous is a "natural" sort of way, doesn't she?

Her this her Sunday Best

Yes, this is her Yucca Prom Dress.

And her lovely Cabbage Smock.

Violet is looking divine or insane in her Hydrangea Tournure.

Really, who knew Violet would take me so literally and actually WEAR a garden. One does live and learn, doesn't one.? In the future I will be sure to make it clear not to actually wear the garden...although it does look so...flowery and lovely, doesn't it?!

Sincerely,

Petunia who has never worn anything she can actually snack on but is beginning to think it's a good idea! Sometimes those hor dourves people are so slow in getting around the room! And who thinks Violet should continue to watch "What Not TO Wear"!

11 comments:

Violet said...

My Dear Petunia,

I did exactly as you guided me. I should have known you were setting me up to be the the laughing stock of the party!

I have learned now, not to take your words so literally. I am almost positive that you purposely misguided me so as to allow you to be at the other end of the specrtrum, the most well dressed!

I can't wait till you have another garden party as I will be better dressed thanks to What Not to Wear!

Violet,

Who is oh so embarrassed the whole world now knows what I actually wore to your party. You did leave out the part about Iris following me every which way to nibble on all my lovely gowns...ahem....plants.

Petunia said...

Dear Violet:

I would never purposefully guide -anyone- towards wearing foliage to my party! I think it was nothing more than a simple misunderstanding. My apologises, Violet.

Sincerely,
Petunia who was always going to be the best dressed at her own party! That role was never in contention.

Fifi Flowers said...

Oh Violet could be the salad course!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Hi Petunia. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved your story and the pictures are pretty incredible.

Anonymous said...

Somewhere in the world there's a counterpart wearing pork chops, chicken breasts, and steaks.

Carla said...

These are spectacular beyond belief and attest to the extraordinary creativity of wonderfully talented person. Thanks for the post. Carla

Renae Moore said...

Miss Pe-tu-ni-a!!!
I do love Violet's dress at your garden party, she looked fab in her salad! And of course, my dear, you are always so...might we say...cleverly dressed! You are a most gracious hostess and you know I adore champagne, thanks for serving my fave! Please keep an eye on your post as there will surely be a most graciously written note for you!
Blessings...

Suzy said...

I love that wardrobe. I could see ladies wearing those to a garden party.

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home said...

Wow, those dresses are masterpieces! Thanks so much for sharing these photographs. ~Arleen

Helen said...

Looking at your scrumptious photos reminds me of Project Runway and all of those delightful pieces they design with inspiration coming from the strangest places.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see this..amazing...


Thank you very much...

___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider