Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tablescape Thursday!

I love Springtime! Flowers fill the air with the smell of hope that all things that went to sleep will now wake up and shine in their glory. We are once again filled with that fabulous feeling Spring fever gives us that makes us want to be in love, want to go outside and play, want to shed off the layers of clothing that kept us warm, shed the thoughts that made our lives smaller when the sun disappeared too soon. In SoCal, it means eating outside again! And that is my favorite part of Spring. And so today, we will celebrate dining al fresco with a fabulous Tuscan picnic!

Welcome to our villa....

and welcome our lovely patio and view!

Grab a dish!Wonderful local food has been brought in for us to enjoy...
so please help yourselves!Bread, bread and more bread with a bit of cheese and olive oil is a meal created by the Gods!
And nothing goes better with them than a good glass of Italian red wine or...

a wonderfully refreshing Bellini! And after you have indulged in all the goodness, please feel free to curl up and enjoy a lovely Italian daydream!

Happy Spring and
Happy Tablescape Thursday!

For more lovely tables please visit
the fabulous Susan at
Between Naps on the Porch!

17 comments:

Chandy said...

A lovely table for today! And all those foods, I'll take some prosciutto, grapes, cheese and will be napping, too!

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT Tablescape Thursday! Would sooooo LOVE to be there and eat all those yummies... SIGH!!!

xinex said...

Love the Italian dining outdoors. Beautiful view and delicious food!...Christine

Unknown said...

Cute post! Oh and it reminded me I need to plant the sunflowers with my grand daughter!
Happy Spring

~Really Rainey

abeachcottage said...

ooooh looks so inviting, sigh love to be there with all that to die for food!

happy tablescaping

Sarah
ABeachCottage

Martha said...

Being from Kansas -- I love anythng with sunflowers -- what a beautiful table and how fun to dine outside!

a quiet life said...

ahh, a perfect ca day!

susan said...

Beautiful pictures and view! WAY too early for sunflowers here, but I enjoyed yours!

Violet said...

ahh, so beautiful, I must join you every Thursday like before! hopefully we can be back on schedule again pretty soon!

Domestic Designer said...

Beautiful pictures and what a view! Have a great day!

Deborah said...

So beautiful I want to visit with all my sisters and best girlfriends

Unknown said...

The Villa looks great and the food so yummy! I've always wanted to dine on an Italian terrace!

Kathy said...

Ooooooh you had me at Tuscan Villa, gorgeous, everything, loved your post and the Sunflowers fields oh my. Kathy.

~CC Catherine said...

Petunia, what a lovely Tuscany Tablescape presentation! Love the sunflowers, how cheery! ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"

Dream Mom said...

Such pretty pictures! And the food looks great too!

Cass @ That Old House said...

I'm on my way all the way from chilly New Jersey, for that landscape and feast! Lovely!
Cass

Anonymous said...

Nice to see this..amazing...


Thank you very much...

___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider