The Amethysts Inn at Sarah's Gardens is a beautiful old Painted Lady all dressed up in PINK!

Through her beautiful front doors you will find gorgeous rooms to rest in...
I have chosen the Magnolia room.
After a quick nap, it's time to head out to see what else is PINK in Savannah. I think we should hop on the trolley for the ghost tour as one of Savannah's claims to fame is that it is the most haunted city in the country.
The Olde Pink House is said to be haunted by James Habersham Jr who built her in 1771

A female entity is said to haunt the second floor and she has been heard crying on several occasions by patrons, as well as, employees of the restaurant. If this is her, she's FAB in pink!
I think all the excitement of seeing a ghost has made me hungry so shall we have a bite to eat before we venture out to see the rest of the city?
Springtime carpets Savannah with beautiful pink azaleas
Gracie was the original cover of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil but after her family could not visit her grave in the Bonaventure Cemetery due to all the tourist the book attracted to the many places it referred to, the book publisher was convinced to change the cover and give back to Gracie her peace and privacy.
Fountains and parks are everywhere in Savannah.
I think I will sit here for a spell and enjoy the lovely view.
For more PINK Saturday see Beverly at How Sweet The Sound!
Have a great weekend!


38 comments:
Happy pink Saturday. Your pink pictures are wonderful.
My parents were born in GA, not far from Savannah. I have friends there, the husband is a tug boat captain. It's one of my favorite cities in the US. You picked the perfect house for Pink Saturday and I enjoyed your post very much. ♥
Oh my! If it weren't for the pink colors used I would have been real scared. Well, maybe a little. :-)
Happy Pink Saturday!
Happy Pink Saturday! I loved the book, too. Must move south.
What a great house. Thanks so much for sharing.
Wow, that's pink. Happy Pink Saturday.
Wonderful post. I haven't been to Savannah since I was a little girl, but now you've got me wishing to go back. What a great idea for Pink Saturday.
Have a good one!
Welcome to your first Pink Saturday, Betsy.
Savannah is one of my favorites, too. It is such a charming city with many tales to share.
One day of the week I get to truly indulge my ♥ for pink and today, you sure have made me happy! Thanks so much!
You'd ♥ ALL of Georgia!
Oh I love Savannah...some great restaurants!
Have a great Pink Saturday!
Dear Petunia~
I, too, have always loved Savannah!It is a magical place...How about we have a party at the beautiful pink mansion with the fountains...I think it would be magnificent...in May...lots of champagne and chocolate...what do you say, dear...shall we?!
;-D
P.S. I am sad that Lily has not found her way home yet...
wonderful post - one of my favorite blogs has been giving a Savannah tour all this week - so I'm getting very familiar with a place I've never been...except, well, in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" of course LOL.
hApPy PiNk SaTuRdAy!
This place is gorgeous! FAB post! I want to attend the party in May ... champagne and tummies sound divine!
Enjoy your PINK Saturday!
Fifi
What a beautiful city......so full of pink! Thanks for sharing.
I love the pink pictures from Savannah! Happy Pink Saturday!
Happy Pink Saturday. What a wonderful history lesson about Savannah. Lots of "pink" goin' on there.
Kris
I love that here in GA there is tons of Pink. Where I am in GA the Dogwoods have started to bloom. I love that it is Spring and all the lovely Pink is all around!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jennifer
I'm in Georgia...haven't been there in awhile! Happy Pink Saturday ~ Susan
Beautiful pics! I enjoyed visiting your blog!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Wow, such pink beauties! I love those azaleas! Happy Saturday!
Love the picture of Savannah with azaleas! I want to stand in that very place! Just beautiful.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Karen
Happy pink Saturday! I loved the tour around Savannah GA. Kudos on the storyline and added ghost attraction. Have a great week-end.
Joyce
Oh wouldn't you have to be always dressed in pink to live there?
Happy Pink Saturday.
Blessings,
Shelley
Happy Pink Saturday! Lovely pics.
Hugs :)
Irma
thank you for the get away,
happy pink
Heidi
thank you for the get away,
happy pink
Heidi
Hi Betsy!
Thank you for taking us to Savannah! I really enjoyed the photos and wow...the ghost even dressed up for our Pink Saturday...how thoughtful of her! LOL!
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D
Savannah is on my must visit list. Thanks for the lovely tour.
Happy Pink Saturday!
* ~~ * ~~ * ~~ * ~~ *
Happy Pink Saturday!
* ~~ * ~~ * ~~ * ~~ *
Miss Petunia.
Everything is so charmingly "pink". Thank you so much for sharing bubbly with me today at Fifi's party. I don't believe I have been to the Beverly Wilshire since my prom just a few years ago! Lovely day...thank you so much for dropping by...we will have to go out riding sometime...we will be sure to avoid all parked cars!
Blessings...
Happy Pink Saturday!
It looks like a wonderful place.
~ Gabriela ~
I am lucky enough to live in Savannah and yes, it's great!!! Enjoyed your post.
Kim
I loved the tour! Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely stunning! What a wonderful place to live.
Happy Pink Saturday.
Happy Pink Saturday..sorry I am late ;-)
Lovely photos!!!
Smiles,
kayellen
don't ya just love painted ladies!? Who could resist and I love the south. Happy Pink Saturday to you and yours, hereings hopeing you get your lily back, Char
DEAR PETUNIA,
HAPPY LATE PINK SATURDAY.
BEAUTIFUL POST....I LOVED THE TOUR YOU TOOK US ON....ESPECIALLY WHAT YOU ADDED ABOUT GRACIE AND THE PICTURE.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO SAVANNAH.
BLESSINGS
debbie
Really nice one to see this..
Thank you..
___________________
Andrew
Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels
Post a Comment