Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fashionable Fridays!


I love hats as much as I love crowns so today, we are going to have a look at a few little lovelies a few ladies thought were a good idea to place on their heads.

The best place to view some of the most outrageous hats is always at the third day of Royal Ascot, Ladies Day, the day ponies run in the Gold Cup. The crowd is the biggest, the Royal Family is there and feathers, flowers and whatever the hat maker thought to stick on a hat is out on display. Here are a few "good" ideas the ladies have had over the years... however, before we get to Ascot, we must make one detour.


First up, SJP. She was not at Ascot in this hat but at the opening of the Sex and The City movie. She made this post because of the hat she has on and...

because Carrie thught it was a good idea to get married with a bird on her head. How could she not make the list?

Now, on to Asoct...

I think this fine lady will only see one half of the race...whatever is coming at her from the left! It is an interesting hat and for Ascot, quite reserved.


I like this hat. It's very fun in a Cindy Lauper kind of way! I think this girl is gonna have fun.


Oh my. You could follow this hat around all day and never get hungry!


This hat is very cool! And from the sweet look on her face, she knows she looks good.


What to say about this one? Other than maybe to ask her if she is picking up any inter-orbital frequencies? She does seem very pleased with herself!

Girlfriends with the same sense of humor or the same mad hatter? Grand hats!
Now this hat has it ALL going on! A crown for a base and all those flowing flowers....how much did that weigh and did she really keep it on all day? One does wonder...
And last but never least, Princess Diana at Ascot, understated and elegant as always, however, she learned very quickly to never wear polka dots again.


Fashionable Friday has been great fun! For more fun Fashonable Friday posts, go see Fifi and get the directions!


12 comments:

vicki archer said...

These are all such great shots - love this post, so fun all these creations. xv

Fifi Flowers said...

This is a FAB post! I am dying for a piece of cheese and some grapes! Merci merci for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Loved, loved, loved this post!

Violet said...

Oh, Petunia,

Why did you leave me out of this party? Don't you have any pictures of me in one of my fabulous hats?

Violet
Who doesn't like to be excluded from such wonderful parties.

Daisy Beads said...

Whoa, horsie!

Anonymous said...

Being French, I'll have the blue cheese hat.

Linda said...

That was a fun post. I like hats too but I think most of those are just a tad over the top for me. I wear a beret here just about every day but it's to keep warm more than a fashion statement.

Cindy said...

those are the best hats, wow! thank you for visiting us!

Renae Moore said...

Miss Pe-tu-ni-ahhhh (sung quite lyrically!)...I have a message for you over at Miss Fifinesses!

Quite loverly hats I would say!

:>)

Renae said...

Miss Petunia,

Thank you so much for visiting me! I do love our visits!

Renae Moore said...

Miss Pe-tu-ni-a....where have you been? I miss your missives!

Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Really fabulous photos..keep going..


Thank you very much...

___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider