I've had a computer problem here for a few weeks. I think it's been a driver interface with Vista (HATE) that has caused the screen on my lap top to flicker so badly the screen eventually faded to the gray halo and then to black. I'm a computer geek and have always been able to think my way out of hardware and software problems but this one really stumped me. I could not for the LIFE of me figure out which driver was wreaking havoc with everything out side of the word processing programs. I called every help line I could think of, downloaded everything they suggested and then it happened. I was out of options....save one. Reset the whole damn computer back to the factory settings. OMG!!!!! I backed up everything, called my sister for input, and if you knew her computer skill level, you'd understand exactly how frantic I was to think calling her was a good idea. (The perfect amount of moral support was offered, however. Thank you, beauty girl.) I took a deep breath and did it. (more HATE)
Short of the BLUE SCREEN O' DEATH, there is nothing.worse.than.reset. Other than the obvious, my computer was perfect, broken in like a new pair of leather shoes that are finally soft enough to fit like a glove. I have moved on from crying and freaking out. I am in HATE right now. A computer has NEVER brought me to my knees before but then, I had never met Vista until last year. I am filing for a divorce. I will ask for EVERYTHING and I will get it. Bastards.
UPDATE: Reset did not fix the problem. (MORE HATE) Bigger bastards *cry*




7 comments:
so sorry vista f*d up your weekend!
I'm sorry to that you're going through this...do you want to call my dad? xoxoc
I should have called him first. I hear he's fab! and smart.
Oh man, I LOVE the Far Side! Hope your computer problems get better though...
If this make you feel better my laptop is dead... only a black screen remains... it is being shipped off... it appears that I need a new motherboard... thank goodness for warranty! No I did not have Vista... it has XP... did your computer give my laptop a virus...hmmmm
We understand your pain. When it works it works when it doesn't I want to throw my 'puter through the window.
What makes you smile? Come and enter the Under the Sheets giveaway contest.
Really fabulous photos..keep going..
Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider
Post a Comment