And, as of right now, she is still gone and the space she owns in my house that is now empty feels so big . I have had and loved and seen many of my animals pass to the Bridge and one just not come home again. I am always so surprised, amazed, confused, made to stop, at how big the space they own in my life, my house, and even the lives of my friends actually is. And what to do about that hole in the space that makes me feel whole is unanswerable. Time fills it, memories fill it. It's unthinkable that they will never fill it again.
These little beings have that come so quietly into my life and my heart are amazing gifts. I truly know it everyday but really know it when their spirit has left the room. It's a different feeling than when they are just out and about. It's a dull quiet.
And Iris...oh, Iris, my little bully, scared girl who is so jealous of Lily now sits and stares at the back door, the back fence, sits up all night staring off the bed at the bedroom door...waiting. She waits. I wait. She cries. I cry. Who knew how big that space was going to be? How quiet it would suddenly be. I forget to talk to Iris. I forget she needs, wants to hear my voice because suddenly I can't talk at all and when I do all I can ask her is "Where is Lily?" I forget to breath. as if holding my breath will make a difference.
Lily may be back. What I know now that I didn't know about her before is how big a space one little kitty can fill. And what I have learned about Iris is that she never really wanted to be an only cat.



14 comments:
I hope Lily is home by now, xv.
Heartbreaking post... I so hope she returns soon... She is so beautiful I hope no one took to keep... Sigh
I love that last photo and your garden is divine!!!!
Oh dear Petunia...I know so well the feelings you describe...time will heal...and hopefully bring back your Lily to you. I am mother to kitty #5, June Bug, and I know I would be feeling very sad indeed if she were away at spring break, without permission, as it appears Lily may be. I would march back over there when the students return and search once again for that little kitty in a bikini with a hangover!
Hang in there Petunia, dear...don't lose hope yet!
Tah, Tah! and hugs!
I have faith that Lily will find her way back home with the light that I put up for her.
DEAR PETUNIA,
I AM SO VERY SORRY THAT LILY IS MISSING.
SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL, I WONDER IF SOMEONE HAS HER INSIDE AND WE WILL PRAY WHERE EVER SHE IS, SHE WILL BE ABLE TO COME HOME REAL SOON.
OUR PETS FILL SUCH A HUGE VOID THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO VERY EMPTY WITHOUT THEM.
KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND WE WILL PRAY SHE WILL BE HOME REAL SOON.
BLESSINGS
debbie
I hope Lily comes home soon. My heart is breaking for you. Maybe she just needed a little "getaway" and will return and appreciate all the love you give to her and Iris.
Hoping precious Lily is coming home to you soon ............
i hope she comes back soon. I know how this feel. I love my kitty.
This really wrenched at my heart. I'm a cat person too, and left two beautiful Cornish Rex cats (Nigel and Maurice) back in Tasmania. I hope things work out for the best for you xx
I am praying that Lily finds her way back. I know she means everything to you. We had cats growing up and they came and went. And even came back after being long gone. You told me when mr.kitten was missing that cats have no owners. She will be back, I just know it. Keep the faith. Love c
Any news? I do hope so, xv.
Any news?? Oh lord, I want to cry... I know that feeling SO well. There is nothing like having that little thing at your feet, bobbing around the apartment, just always *knowing* that she's there. And then to have all that comfort and fun and love just gone?
I am so, so sorry.
This breaks my heart... I hope by now, Dear Lily is HOME! No one who cannot appreciate the differences in felines (oh my... as if they were all the SAME!) can understand how enormous the void is when one of those sublimely unique personalities goes missing. Having been in your shoes more than once, I am keeping you and Lily in my thoughts and wishing her home where she belongs. (Claudia let me know about your wonderful blog~~)
xoxo
Karen
Really nice one to see this..
Thank you..
___________________
Andrew
Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels
Post a Comment