Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tablescape Thursday!

Dearest Readers:

I have asked to borrow this blog space for the day as so many of you have been trying to contact me as to how you can join my exclusive Club. I thought this was the most expedient way to get the information out as I have no time to return so many calls and missives!

Of course, I knew once you were alerted that I would be here for the day, you would want to pop over from Fifi's and see my lovely table du jour. As always, my table is set with the finest china and silver as I never allow my lips to touch anything less when I am in residence.

So, please take a seat and we will begin. There are so many things I know you want me to tell you about and as I am always so tightly scheduled as so many people want to see me, time is of the essence!

I will tell you all about Fifi's FABulous Followers while we have a bite of dessert!

....Jean-Pierre has set our lovely table. Please let him know if you would like some
very fine French cognac or.....

some lovely pink champagne with ...

the lovely flourless cake Amelie whipped up in the kitchen this morning! She is such a dear, up at the crack of dawn making my party perfect, although that IS what she gets paid for. She finds so many of her FABulous recipes from the lovely baker at Tartelette.com . You really must go there and see for yourself!

Anyway, where was I in all of this?

Oh yes, I was speaking of all things FABulous!

(Raspberry and Cardamom Mousse White Chocolate Layers from Tartelette.com)
And look at what Fifi just arrived to the party with!
She loved my table so much she just had to paint it!
Oh, Fifi, thank you so much!
Now, back to why we are here!

My dear friend Violet, (she is a dear friend now that she has stopped threatening to snatch my crown!) and I were sitting in my sunroon sipping on some fine Guatemalan coffee. As she gazed about at all the lovely art I have hung in there she mentioned that she did not know I owned so many of Fifi Flowers works. I explained to her that I was the largest owner of Fifi's works in the WORLD! We went on and on about how FAB Fifi is and suddenly realized it was our mission to bring Fifi and all her FABulousness to the entire world!

And so, we have done exactly that! We created...

Fifi's FABulous Followers!

It is a lovely place for all that is Fifi to be discussed, enbraced and raved about. Violet and I would love for you to join in the fun! I do hope you understand that I never extend an invitation lightly so you better all march right over there and get yourself signed up.

An unhappy Petunia is not a pretty site at all!

If you have one of those places, (I never knew of such a thing until Violet explained it all to me) where you can write on walls or whatever it is they do over there on Facebook...Yes, that's it! A Facebook page! If you have one of those you can run right out and join right up! If you don't have one of those pages, get out from under that rock and get one! Seems like that's where all the FABulous people are gathering these days!

Thank you so much for coming to my little party! I will look for you at Fifi's FAB new place! If I don't see you I will have Jean-Pierre hunt you down!

For more Tablescape Thursday fun go here to see who else is having a a party!


Sincerely,


Petunia who loves being the hostess as she knows she's very good at it! Don't you think so , too?


28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Petunia!! I can't get over the eye candy you have posted here. I am in awe...
Happy TT...

Nancy said...

Fabulous! Those purple dishes are gorgeous.

Fifi Flowers said...

Thank you for having all my guests over for dessert!
Thrilling day... ENJOY!
Fifi

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Petunia, that is a lovely, lovely tablescape. The flowers are just magnificent with your glasses and plates! Oh, it is stunning!

Happy Tablescape Thursday to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Barbara Jean said...

Petunia,
Thanks for coming by, and I'm glad you liked my tablescape. (life in the tax lane you know) =0)

The colors in those flowers and the glassware are just beautiful!!

And those desserts, well, what can i say. I am sitting here eating cold nacho cheese dip and chips at 11:30 at night. =0/

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

jerseygirl211 said...

Your table is outstanding, the colors you used are fabulous together. Thanks for your visit to my blog.

By the way.......my first boyfriend called me Sweet Petunia ;) LOL, we often went to the Somerville Drive Inn on Rt. 22.

'D'

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Wow - that's a gorgeous presentation! Linda

Candy said...

What a hoot! of a story.
Love the green and purple table and yummy desserts. Now I will go see FiFi.
Candy, (Rock Candy and birdie table)

Kathleen Ellis said...

Dear Petunia,
Thank you for finally stopping by and introducing yourself dear! I've watched you from afar as I've visited with the FABulous Fifi and wondered when, just when, you would finally notice my fine pedigree and invite me to your palace!
Your party is lovely and yes, Petunia, you are a marvelous hostess...but then that IS what Princesses like us are groomed for now, isn't it?!
Tell Jean-Pierre I'll need another glass of that pink champagne, will you please? Amelie is a very fine chef...would you be willing to share her? I'd so love to use her for my next party...and I'll be sure to invite you!

Now about our FAB friend Fifi...well you and Violet are brilliant...simply brilliant! This was truly a FABulous idea to let the world know how FABulous our Fifi is! Of course, I've already joined and I'm even interviewing Fifi today in my newsletter. Our efforts should surely propel her career, don't you think? You did work out some type of compensation, didn't you? Of course you did...you're sharp like that! That is how you keep that crown on your head, isn't it?!
Tah, Tah for now dear...don't be a stranger!
;-D
Kathleen

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Beautiful photos! The desserts look yummy!!...Debbie

Kathleen said...

Too funny!
And the desserts are fabulous..:)

Bama Belle said...

How fun! Thanks for stopping by my place!

Chandy said...

I love purple, especially on the table! Great table!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Violet said...

Nothing like this beautiful tablescape Thursday with you and the rest of the ladies!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Dear Petunia~

Thank you ever so much for adding me to your list...you are so right, I would not want to miss any of your upcoming parties! By the way, did I hear you are having an intimate dinner party on your yacht in a few weeks? Shall I plan to attend? I mean, now that I'm on the list and all...I just thought...I'd be prepared!

Yes, your Palace is quite nice...for that area! I mean, with all the rodent problems in that area...but I'm sure you've taken care of that...I didn't notice any at your party...well, except for that one guy at the pool!
Yes, your place is quite lovely and grand...very grand!

Looking forward to the details of that little yacht party, dear...so glad we're now friends!

Tah Tah!


~Kathleen~

Anonymous said...

Love the purple, Petunia!!! Very very pretty!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The purple is so catching! I want those glasses! Beautiful!

A Hint of Home said...

The purple and green are gorgeous together.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

beautiful presentation.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Tablescape Thursday

Susan

Femin Susan said...

Very nice, Thanks for sharing.....

Missy Wertz said...

What a fun post and beautiful dishes!

Dream Mom said...

Love the tablescape. The purple is just gorgeous! Love the story too...

Anonymous said...

The fruit and Hennessy look good.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Petunia...dahhhhhling, that was a most excellent TT post! I love the way you express yourself. Guess I better be getting out from under my rock and checking into this thing called facebook...would hate to be left out! LOL I want to see more of Fifi's art...wow! Oh, an yes, you are a most fab hostess! So happy to have made it to this lovely party! Ta, Ta for now. Susan

Helene said...

Fabulous! I am new here but it feels like home :)

Anonymous said...

Really fabulous photos..keep going..


Thank you very much...

___________________
Andrew
#1 Satellite Television Service Provider